ISABB Annual Meeting and Collaborative Symposium
September 26-27, 2018
2018 ISABB Annual Meeting
Wednesday, September 26, 2018
- 8:15 am: Intrauterine Transfusion; Walter Harry, MD, Franciscan Health
- 9:15 am: Flow Cytometric Analysis of Fetal Hemoglobin in RBC & Their Precursors; Si-Han Hai, PhD Beckman Coulter
- 10:45 am: Mitigating Iron Deficiency in Blood Donors & Implications in the Blood Supply; John W. Theus, MD, American Red Cross Blood Services
- 11:30 am: "Oh Gee" What a Cute Antibody! Prenatal & Neonatal Case Studies; Jayanna Slayten, MS, MT(ASCP)SBBCM, Indiana University Health
- 1:15 pm: ISABB Business Meeting and Victor Muller Award presentation
- 1:45 pm: Fetal Blood Group Genotyping; Greg Denomme, PhD, FCSMLS(D), BloodCenter of Wisconsin: Part of Versiti, Inc.
- 3:00 pm: Reagent Donors: The Keys to Manufacturing; Becky Anderson, MT(ASCP)SBB, Immucor Inc.
Annual Meeting Continuing Education: A Certificate of Attendance for up to 6 contact hours will be provided to all attendees who complete the post-educational survey from ISABB.
2018 Collaborative Symposium
Thursday, September 27, 2018
- 8:15 am: Pathology of Maternal Hemorrhage; Judy S. Lyzak, MD, MDA, Alverno Clinical Laboratories
- 9:15 am: OB Hemorrhage and teh California Tool Kit; Christine Hunkele, BSN, RN, RNC-OB, Franciscan Health
- 10:40 am: Roles of Nursing & Blood Bank in Patient Blood Management; Gail Heflin, BSN, RN; ACCUMEN, Inc.
- 12:30 pm: Lights, Camera, Transfusion - Fact and Fiction of Transfusion Medicine; Heather Vaught, BS, MLS(ASCP)CMSBBCM, Indiana University Health
- 2:00 pm: Pediatric Massive Transfusion; Thomas M. Rouse, MD, Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health
- 3:00 pm: De-Resuscitation after Massive Transfusion; Timothy H Pohlman, MD, FACS, Lutheran Hospital of Indiana